01/25/2017 - 12/31/2017
CUSP Volunteer Committees - Special Event Planning
Coalition for the Upper South Platte, Lake George Colorado
05/01/2017 - 10/19/2017
7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fire Restoration at Horse Creek
Meet at Deckers Community Center, Sedalia CO
Please Join Us!
05/01/2017 - 10/31/2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Fire Mitigation at Beaver Ranch
Beaver Ranch Community Park, Conifer Colorado
To Register for a Project: Take a look at the volunteer calendar above or the list of projects below. Click on a project to see more details and register!
Individuals: CUSP loves our individual volunteers! Please complete our New Volunteer Form then select the project you want to participate in on our Volunteer Calendar. Individuals may register for “open” projects as “closed” projects are private scheduled group events. Note: Keep an eye out for “open call” projects, as these are perfect for individuals or small groups such as family or friends.
Groups: CUSP loves to work with groups too! Please complete our New Volunteer Form where you can enter important group details. We will review this information and be in touch to schedule a private group event. To register your group for a project immediately, locate the date you would like to participate on our Volunteer Calendar and register the number of spaces under an “open” project; “closed” projects are private scheduled group events. Returning groups may be contacted directly for urgent needs. Please be patient and flexible as needs often change quickly.
- The nature of all CUSP projects can be challenging, please review project descriptions and difficulty ratings carefully. Fire rehab projects are dirty; please dress and prepare accordingly.
- We often meet at central locations and caravan to more remote work sites. Promptness is appreciated, as we will depart 10 minutes after the posted meet time.
- Due to variable weather conditions and safety for our volunteers all vehicles and drivers must remain on site for the duration of the project.
- In hazardous areas we must strictly adhere to minimum age restrictions, which vary according to site.
- Expectant mothers should check with their physicians prior to attending projects in recently burned areas or in unstable terrain.
- Pets are not allowed on CUSP projects.
- Please do not bring your own tools unless requested.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
Fundraising efforts are always greatly appreciated. Current funding is very limited for much of what we do; CUSP and partnering agencies continue our work through the generosity of a caring community. While looking at the skyline, a donation of trees may seem in order, yet buckets, chainsaws, work gloves and native seeds are also greatly needed. Fire & flood mitigation, recovery and restoration are long-term efforts.
Please keep this in your thoughts and do consider lending a much-needed hand or making a donation to CUSP at http://cusp.ws/donate/
- CUSP-2017-Release-Form (needed for each volunteer)
- VOLUNTEER-LISTING-2017 (1) (one for your group) Please print ALL documents two-sided
- Some Projects will require a site specific Liability Release, you will be informed if you are signing up for such a project.
Powered by Events Manager